Download our brochure
Call Us For A Quote Or More Information
0131 629 5180
Employee disputes affect any size of business and tend to keep business owners awake at night with the risk of court disputes and large awards. Tribunal Insurance, also known as employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) offers real peace of mind and sound legal advice from a top legal network, United Employment Lawyers.
Key Features Of The Tribunal Insurance (EPLI) Policy
• Covers all defence costs and the cost of the award payable to the claimant.
• Covers transfer of undertakings (TUPE transfers) as standard
• Policy covers any past, present or future employees. Trainees, casual, part time, seasonal, temporary, voluntary and work experience employees.
• Legal costs for individual redundancies are covered .
• Breaches in GDPR covered.
• Claims relating to equal pay covered.
• Insurers settle payment direct to the law firm and the claimant. You will not incur any outlay with defence costs or awards. Furthermore, the policy excess of £10,000 is waived as long as you follow the advice provided by your law firm.
The following claims examples demonstrate the policy in action;
Example 1 – executive claimed a personality clash led to him losing his board position.
Example 2 – an employee claimed that following health issues she was hurried back into work, struggled to work to full capacity and lost her position.
Example 3 – a sales person was dismissed for under performance claiming that they were unfairly picked on.
In all 3 examples, the policy paid out legal defence costs and the cost of the award paid to the employee.
An allegation was made after a female employee left her position. The business owner had received no complaints at any time during the period of employment.
Following the employee’s departure, the client was pursued for damages relating to discrimination and impaired promotion prospects.
Defence costs and damages were paid under the policy.
The service package is competitively priced and scale rated dependent on the number of employees. There are no fixed tie in periods. In addition, the cost of the employment practices liability insurance is summarised in the table below;
|Staff numbers||£250,000 limit||£500,000 limit||£1,000,000 limit|
|Up to 25||£336.00||£504.00||£672.00|
The above premiums are based on annual policies and are inclusive of insurance premium tax at 12.00%.
For a written quote today contact us 0131 629 5180
“It’s been a pleasure dealing with SKB Risk Services. I like how they are patient and kind enough to deal with my insurance and it takes a real weight off my mind. They are always pleasant to chat with and I couldn’t do without them”